Holgate Brewhouse: Competition terms and conditions
Competition Period: Wednesday 19 April 2017 – Friday 19 May 2017; competition draw: Monday 22 May 2017, winners advised by: 5pm (AEST), Tuesday 23 May 2017; winners to confirm acceptance of prize by: 5pm (AEST), Friday 26 May; competition re-draw (if required): Monday 29 May 2017.
1. Information on how to enter and claim prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Only entries that comply with the Terms and Conditions will be considered valid entries to this competition.
2. AEST refers to Australian Eastern Standard Time operating in Victoria, Australia during the Competition Period.
3. Entries will only be accepted from 12:01am (AEST) 19 April 2017 through to 11:59pm (AEST) 19 May 2017.
4. Entry is only open to persons who, during the Competition Period, are at least 18 years old, residing in Victoria, Australia and are alumni of the University of Melbourne.
5. To enter the competition, tell us in 50 words or less what you like most about 3010 magazine.
6. By submitting an entry to this competition, all entrants confirm that their entry is their own work and they are the copyright owner or have permission from the copyright owner to use the content therein. All entrants to the competition retain copyright to their own entries and grant to the University a non-exclusive, irrevocable, world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, copy, publish, make available, distribute, transmit, perform, display, edit or modify their submitted entries for the purposes of the competition draw and for all the University’s ongoing promotional purposes including for advertising and for use on the University’s website and other social channels and print publications, including promotional purposes not related to this competition. The University agrees to not otherwise seek to commercially exploit any entrant’s responses. Entrants are not entitled to any royalties, fees or other compensation in return for any use of their entries permitted by these terms and conditions.
7. Entrants must not enter any entry or take any action that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
9. There is a maximum of one entry per person.
10. The University is not responsible for any entry that is not received by the University during the Competition Period, for any reason.
11. All valid entries must complete the competition entry form. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will not be accepted.
12. 15 winners will be randomly selected from the valid entries received by the University to receive one prize each to the value of approximately $30.
13. Each prize will be in the form of a tour and tasting package for 1 person at Holgate Brewery, 79 High Street, Woodend, Victoria on Saturday 17 June 2017 (10:45am arrival, 11:00am 30-minute brewery tour, 11:30am beer tasting) Transport and parking to claim the prize are not part of the prize and are the sole responsibility of each winner.
14. Each winner is responsible for their own consumption of alcohol and must comply with Holgate Brewery’s requirements including entry and participation conditions. Entry to Holgate Brewery is at the discretion of Holgate Brewery.
15. Each entrant participates in the competition solely at their own risk and not as a representative of the University. Each entrant releases the University from any claim relating to the entrant’s participation in the competition. The University is not liable for the acts or omissions of any third party (including Holgate Brewery or any other participant attending Holgate Brewery).
16. The draw will take place at Level 1 Raymond Priestley Building, University of Melbourne, Carlton Victoria 3053 on Monday 22 May 2017.
17. Each winner will be notified via their nominated email address and/or telephone number by 5pm, Tuesday 23 May 2017.
18. The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for other goods or services. If, for some reason the prize is unavailable, the University reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
19. The winner must contact the University by 5pm (AEST) Friday 26 May 2017 and provide proof of identity in order to redeem the prize.
20. The University of Melbourne reserves the right to redraw if an entrant is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions; or if the prize is not claimed by 5pm (AEST) Friday 26 May 2017.
21. If a re-draw is required, a competition re-draw will be conducted by the University at the same place as the original draw at Level 1 Raymond Priestly Building, University of Melbourne, Carlton Victoria 3053 on 29 May 2017. Each winner of the re-draw will be notified by 5pm (AEST) Tuesday 30 May 2017 and must claim their prize by 5pm (AEST) Friday 2 June 2017 in accordance with term 19 above. Any unclaimed prize draw winners will be notified by email.
22. The result of the draw is final.
23. Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time by The University of Melbourne without notice.