Tune in, don’t drop out
3010 is now more than a magazine – it’s a podcast too.
The 3010 podcast will take you into the lives of some of our amazing alumni, revealing the fantastic – and, occasionally, surprising – places their Melbourne degree has taken them.
The first three episodes are now available, with more on the way.
Comedian Simon Taylor (BA 2009), who has written for TV comedians Jay Leno and Shaun Micallef and who plays to sell-out crowds around the world, tells how his psychology degree helps him deal with hecklers.
Veterinarian Dr Kath Adriaanse (DVM 2014) takes listeners on a tour of her very special workplace, Melbourne Zoo, and explains how you anaesthetise a fish.
And Dr Fiona Price (PhD 2001, International House), the woman charged with one of the toughest jobs at graduation – reading out the names of graduands – reveals the secret to getting the pronunciation right every time.
Listen and subscribe on Whooska, or find us on iTunes.
Here are five more University of Melbourne podcasts to look out for:
1. Eavesdrop on Experts – insights and inspiration from our experts, researchers and visiting academics
2. Starting Somewhere – advice for young people on getting their career off the ground
3. The Little Red Podcast – celebrating China beyond the Beijing beltway
4. Talking Indonesia – a focus on Indonesian politics, foreign policy, culture, language and more
5. The Policy Shop – Vice- Chancellor Glyn Davis and guests explore thinking about public policy.